And the winner of the best ski resort for children award goes to… Avoriaz, France!!!
You might be wondering how I know it’s the best ski resort for children when I’m here snowboarding with a girlfriend actively escaping our children but if you’ve ever spent time away from your kids you’ll familiar with this scenario: “ohhhhh Thea would LOVE this!”
“Wow, Thea would LOVE that!!!”
Not a moment goes by where I’m bit judging something on whether or not Thea would enjoy it.
But Avoriaz has earned it’s title of Best Ski Resort for children for the following reasons:
1) Village Des Enfants – a world class fun village for children from 3yrs to learn to ski, play games, have fun and get fed (yes, meals are included in all day tuition so you can ski off abandoning your little ones to a day of pure enjoyment AND nutrition!) This incredible addition to the town is bang in the centre and includes lots of dedicated “kids only” pistes and lifts. Genius.
2) Aquariaz – a rather fabulous new water park/swimming pool with a lazy river, open air jacuzzi, horizontal rock climb wall with rope swing, rubber ring half pipe water slide AND kids water discovery & play zone. This place is wonderful even without kids but even better with! Also in the town centre!
3) Sledging – there’s loads of scope for using the Village Des Enfants piste after hours for a spot of sledging or bum boarding in town or you can do “professional sledging” if you fancy making it a bit more “extreme”.
4) Ice Rink – I think we all know what these are. This one offers those little trolleys to hold onto for beginnings so even little ones can learn.
5) Bowling & Cinema – in case you need a day out of the snow.
6) No cars – Avoriaz is car free so if you need to get about it’s either skis or horse drawn carriage! (Although there’s a snow mobile transporter thing to take you from the transfer depo to your hotel/apartment and back.
7) Blue runs galore!! – There’s a huge array of nice easy blue runs to explore even just in Avoriaz but if you have a Porte de Soleil pass then there’s even more. Plus there’s about four snow parks and a couple of border crossed if you or your little one is a bit if an adrenalin junky.
I think that should have you convinced… Avoriaz is hands down the best ski resort for children that I’ve been to and I cannot wait to bring Thea here!! She’s gonna love it!